Hi ~ friends ~ and welcome back to my bloG!!
It’s me, your favorite elf, BinG 😉
Last week I gave you the recipe to make the tastiest of tasty SUGAR cookies hehehe
I promised to help you out with the frosting for this week and boy oh boy do I have something special for you.
This week the elves and I put on our aprons and got to work in the kitchen mixing and mashing lots of different types of sugar together and have come up with TWO different kinds we love.
First up: Vanilla Buttercream Frosting by my friend Betty Crocker
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Softened Butter
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoon Milk
- In a medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable.
- PRO-TIP: If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar. Frosts 13×9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts an 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake.
Second: Cream Cheese Frosting by Food Network
- 4 Ounces Softened Unsalted Butter
- 4 Ounces Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
And of course, if you want it to be fun colors all you have to do is add a drop or two of your favorite food color and mix away.
When satisfied, decorate your cookies however you want! There are no rules in decorating school.
Do you want a blue tree? Make a blue tree!!
Do you want an orange and green candy cane? Make an orange and green candy cane!!
For extra fun (and sugar hehe) buy sprinkles of your choice to put on top as the finishing touch.
Whether they’re for you or Santa, I can promise they’ll taste delightful.
See you next week friends ~~~